Kitchener, ON - Full-Time
Harled is a small, boutique software development team based in Kitchener, Ontario specializing in Ruby on Rails. Since forming in 2017, we have delivered projects for national defence, Indigenous reconciliation and tooling for high-performance teams. We believe in the missions of our partners, and are proud of the work that we do to support them.
Interested in leading the DevSecOps practice for a small but highly capable team? Join us and lead the way to a world-class development pipeline. The right candidate will be passionate about the resulting developer experience and obsess in finding ways to delight peer developers on a daily basis.
You will design, build and maintain our DevSecOps process and tooling. As a key member of the core development team you will interact with the other developers and ensure they have the tools and knowledge they need to build and ship secure, performant and consistent code multiple times a day.
The right candidate will be comfortable writing code and teaming up with other developers on a regular basis to deliver some amazing features!
- An opportunity to work with the coolest partner - our clients
- Huge opportunity to drive meaningful and immediate change
- A small, tight-knit company with a great culture
- An understanding environment that embraces personal and professional growth
- Sweet office space at the Communitech Hub in Kitchener, ON
Remuneration & benefits:
- $60k-$95k based on experience
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (full-time employees)
- Health Spending Account (full-time employees)
- This role is eligible for up to 10% performance bonus
- Define, build and operate our DevSecOps practice and tooling
- Manager our Azure DevOps instance
- Drive a culture of speed and quality
- Activity seek out new pipeline tooling to improve our application (static code analysis, dependency analysis)
- Manage git to ensure we have reproducible builds and drive accountability
- Manage dev/stage/prod cloud environments
- Support other developers in learning and using the system you've designed
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related program
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with GitHub or Microsoft Azure DevOps Services
- Experience with building and supporting developer tooling
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (or similar) cloud runtime environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Drive culture of speed and quality
- Ability to thrive in small community environment
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication
- Ability to solve complex issues
- Ability to multi-task with proven time management skills
- Upbeat can-do attitude with a high sense of urgency and desire to make things happen
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Possess professional and solid work ethic
- Ability to meet assigned key performance indicators (KPI) in the timeline expected
Our dream candidate also has:
- You have experience with the Department of National Defence
- You have experience working in a startup
Hours of work:
- You are expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, with a bulk of the time during core working hours of 9am to 5pm EST, Monday through Friday. Due to the nature of the role, additional hours and hours outside of core working hours may be required and will be discussed on an as-required basis.
- On Call - Pager assignments shall mean a specific period of time in which an employee is required to be near their computer with an internet connection to respond in a timely manner to a specific service need.
We're excited to meet you and to start the conversation to evaluate if we're a fit to do great things together!
Please Note: We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Harled Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, or local law.