Jr. Full Stack Developer
Kitchener, ON - Full-Time
Harled is a small, boutique software development team based in Kitchener, Ontario specializing in Ruby on Rails. Since forming in 2017, we have delivered projects for national defence, Indigenous reconciliation and tooling for high-performance teams. We believe in the missions of our partners, and are proud of the work that we do to support them.
Harled Inc. is looking for a passionate Jr. Full Stack developer.
As a small team, you will have a big role to play for our clients and our company. Every day brings the opportunity to interface directly with end users, client leadership and for you to leave a mark on our approach to software. We're happy to mentor, however, we're also appreciative of the new ideas and insight that you bring to our team.
You will develop features across the entire stack of a Ruby on Rails application and ensure that our developer experience is always second to none. You will also look forward to participating in our company rituals which focus on individual and organizational growth and development. We believe strongly in continuous improvement!
- An opportunity to work with the coolest partner - our clients
- Huge opportunity to drive meaningful and immediate change
- A small, tight-knit company with a great culture
- An understanding environment that embraces personal and professional growth
- Sweet office space at the Communitech Hub in Kitchener, ON
Remuneration & benefits:
- $60k-80k based on experience
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (full-time employees)
- Health Spending Account (full-time employees)
- This role is eligible for up to 10% performance bonus
- Develop features covering frontend, backend and database with Ruby on Rails
- Ensure code works as well in production as it does in development
- Find ways to enhance our process and tooling to deliver better software with less effort
- Embrace Ruby on Rails and the associated ecosystem
- Mentor Sr. developers (technology gets old quickly!)
- 1+ year experience as a full stack developer working in a modern DevOps environment
- Working knowledge of cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and container technology (Docker)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and familiarity with Django, Laravel or Symfony
- Strong attention to detail
- Drive culture of speed and quality
- Ability to thrive in small community environment
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication
- Ability to solve complex issues
- Ability to multi-task with proven time management skills
- Upbeat can-do attitude with a high sense of urgency and desire to make things happen
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Possess professional and solid work ethic
- Ability to meet assigned key performance indicators (KPI) in the timeline expected
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related program
Our dream candidate also has:
- Experience with the Department of National Defence
- Experience working in a startup
- An active GitHub profile with lots of Ruby
- A deep passion for a specific technology "hobby" (data science, security, SRE, APIs...)
Hours of work:
- You are expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, with a bulk of the time during core working hours of 9am to 5pm EST, Monday through Friday. Due to the nature of the role, additional hours and hours outside of core working hours may be required and will be discussed on an as-required basis.
- On Call - Pager assignments shall mean a specific period of time in which an employee is required to be near their computer with an internet connection to respond in a timely manner to a specific service need.
We're excited to meet you and to start the conversation to evaluate if we're a fit to do great things together!
Please Note: We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Harled Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, or local law.