Sr. Full Stack (Ruby on Rails)
Kitchener, ON / Remote (Canada) - Full-Time
Harled is a small, boutique software development team based in Kitchener, Ontario specializing in Ruby on Rails. Since forming in 2017, we have delivered projects for national defence, Indigenous reconciliation and tooling for high-performance teams. We believe in the missions of our partners, and are proud of the work that we do to support them.
Are you passionate about working closely in a small team to deliver a world-class product with Ruby on Rails? How about partnering with some of the coolest and most unique clients in Canada? If yes, then we're excited to meet you and hear about your approach to software development, mentoring and keeping code fun.
We're looking to add another senior developer to the team, to help take our projects to the next level. We use, and love, Ruby on Rails and believe in doing things the "Rails way". We also take great pride in delivering a developer experience that is second to none and keeping current on technology (Rails 7, Hotwire/Turbo).
You'll work closely with the engineering team, product team and client stakeholders on a daily basis. You'll also have the opportunity to deliver new features, and help the rest of the team to push code through to production multiple times a day.
- An opportunity to work with the coolest partner - our clients
- Huge opportunity to drive meaningful and immediate change
- A small, tight-knit company with a great culture
- An environment that embraces personal and professional growth
- Sweet office space at the Communitech Hub in Kitchener, ON
Remuneration & benefits:
- $100k-135k based on experience
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Health Spending Account
- Lead by example, developing features across the entire stack using Ruby on Rails
- Drive code quality through code reviews, pair programming, architecture and coding practices
- Establish a strategy to keep tech debt at bay (and pay back some existing debt)
- Stay informed about trends and developments in the Ruby on Rails community
- Evaluate and implement changes to improve our development workflow
- Mentor junior developers through activities like 1:1s and pair programming
- A strong drive to improve Canada through software development
- 3+ years in an intermediate or senior development role
- 2+ years experience working in a DevOps environment
- 2+ years experience working with a container based technologies
- Experience with: Ruby on Rails, Django, Symfony, Laravel or similar frameworks
- Strong attention to detail
- Drive culture of speed and quality
- Ability to thrive in small community environment
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication
- Ability to solve complex issues
- Ability to multi-task with proven time management skills
- Upbeat can-do attitude with a sense of urgency and desire to make things happen
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Possess professional and solid work ethic
- Ability to meet assigned key performance indicators (KPI) in the timeline expected
Our dream candidate also has:
- Experience with the Department of National Defence
- Reliability Status security clearance with the Government of Canada
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience with a medium sized Ruby on Rails application
- A track record of mentoring motivated junior employees
Hours of work:
- You are expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, with a bulk of the time during core working hours of 9am to 5pm EST, Monday through Friday. Due to the nature of the role, additional hours and hours outside of core working hours may be required and will be discussed on an as-required basis.
We're excited to meet you and to start the conversation to evaluate if we're a fit to do great things together!
Please Note: We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Harled Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, or local law.