What's your role?
I am a Senior Full Stack Developer at Harled. I contribute to the architecture, design, building and integrating of front-end and back-end components. Mentoring junior developers, ensuring code quality and collaborating as a team to deliver highly efficient and scalable solutions is my top priority. In addition, I also collaborate closely with our designers and product managers to deliver a product that is as close as possible to what our clients are envisioning.
What is the secret to realizing a successful software project?
I feel the secret to realizing a successful project requires a combination of factors:
- Setting goals by defining objectives, scope and what is deliverable.
- Coming up with a detailed plan by outlining tasks, timelines and available resources.
- A project manager who can oversee and manage the resources and progress.
- A talented and dedicated software team is super important for being able to craft a highly reliable product and deliver exactly what the client was hoping for.
- Feedback from fellow teammates, designers and product team is very important as well.
What emerging technology or industry are you most interested in?
A technology I've been super excited about is Quantum computing. What excites me is its potential in changing the way we approach complex problem-solving. They are able to perform calculations at speeds that were once unthinkable, offering solutions to problems in fields like AI, drug discovery, traffic optimization and manufacturing to name a few. The ability to explore multiple solutions simultaneously for highly efficient computation opens up new possibilities in scientific discovery and innovation. I'm eager to witness the breakthroughs and applications it will bring to our world if I live that long.
Which quote or motto describes your work ethic?
"People don't understand that when I grew up, I was never the most talented. I was never the biggest. I was never the fastest. I certainly was never the strongest. The only thing I had was my work ethic, and that's been what has gotten me this far." - Tiger Woods
Need a HUG?
Human User Guide that is. If so, Jacob has one to share with you.Read Jacob's HUG | Why We Value Human User Guides
- Ruby on Rails
- REST APIs